Hello! I’m pleased you’ve stopped by. I’m Cheryl, and I help people create lives they love, get through tough times with grace, and to fall in love with themselves. Look here for more and to learn about my services.
This is a little tool that’s very flexible. It’s a fun, easy way of gathering goodness!! I call it “The Jar” (I know, fancy!). The one I’m using now is a Pleasure Jar because I’m recording and thinking about pleasure in my life (for my Word of the Year – more about that here). It is super simple and quick, and you may have even done this before for a gratitude practice. Here’s how I like to do it:
- Choose a jar you like (or a box works too) and find a good place to set it where you’ll see it. In the past I’ve put mine on the kitchen counter, on an altar, on my bedside table, and on my desk.
- Cut up some little pieces of paper to write on and clip them together. Set them and a pen by the jar.
- Choose a name for your jar. This “name” is the thing you want to gather more of – it could be pleasure, or gratitude, or your Word of the Year (like mentioned before); or it could be love, dreams, humor, lightness, beauty, intuition, support – it can be anything really. The question is what do you want to notice more of in your life? What do you want to encourage? Then name your jar, you can even put the name on your jar if you want.
- Next you decide what you want to record – I like a bit of a formula, but you can do this however you like. My paper slips say: Today I appreciate __________, it gives me pleasure by__________. I like to begin with appreciation and then see how that offers me pleasure (or whatever I’m gathering). On the back I note the date & then slip it into the jar. Today I wrote: Today I appreciate my Instagram friends, they light up my life in so many ways and that gives me pleasure.
- Now, consider when and how you’ll record what you’re gathering. I like to write on a slip of paper everyday and put it in the jar. Then at the end of a week I take all of the slips out and look them over. The longer you do this the more you have to look at! I usually do this for at least a month. My Pleasure Jar will be collecting goodness until the end of the year.
- Finally, think about what you want to do with the slips of goodness you’re collecting. You may just want to look at and enjoy them each week. They’re reminders that life IS good and that things are well. That is a lovely awareness practice all on it’s own. But you can do more! I’ve created small books from them (A Collection of Pleasures). I have used them in my collage art. I’ve pulled one a day as a reminder, or like an oracle card message. This time around I’m reading them each Friday and then posting my pleasures of the week to Instagram.
I love this little practice! It’s a great way to become more aware of the beauty life offers you right now. The more you look for the things you want in life, the more you find you have them now. What a lot of satisfaction this brings! And it’s a powerful place to work from to create MORE of what you desire in your delicious life.
You can sign up here to receive my posts via email (I send a letter out with links and more about every two weeks). I’d love to hear from you!! On that same page you can contact me, or schedule a free coaching session.
Hi, I’m Cheryl! If you want to know more about me just click here.
What the heck IS an Intrepid Goddess?
My business name comes from a delight in goddesses – the luscious feminine aspect of the Divine. And oddly, it’s also about a love of travel, a life spent moving. Goddesses are naturally intrepid: undaunted and bold! Travel, moving, and change require a intrepid attitude. Daily life is full of change and transformation. So for me The Intrepid Goddess is a marriage of the Divine and everyday feminine courage. Faith takes courage. Love takes courage. Getting up in the morning can take a whole lot of intrepid courage! It’s about an attitude, an energy, a way of approaching our lives that balances Spirit and everyday, delicious living.
“This course was so fun – and also very powerful. Cheryl presents the process of making altars in a very fun and easy to understand manner. You will read this and have plenty of guidance and suggestions in creating a powerful altar that is special to you – and you also have the freedom and creativity to do it in your own way. There are plenty of tips and suggestions, but no absolutes or “you must do it this way, or…..” I have made altars in the past, but using this process was more fun and my altar feels more special and more powerful. It definitely added extra energy to my altar. And, it is presented in such a way so it is easy to repeat again and again when you have something new to work on. I am excited to do more, and will probably repeat this every month or so! This is a course that you can use over and over and gain something more from it each time.”
“From the initial intake form, through to our last session, Cheryl continued to gently move me forward on my path, with inspired intelligence and tools that moved me from my thinking self to my believing self. What do I mean by that? When we began working together, I had a 22 hour a week desk job, active urban gardening clients, and was just starting a new, geographically flexible business. By the end of our 6 sessions, I had created an entirely unexpected stream of income…” Morganne