|So, I want to tell you the story of a woman (OK, spoiler, it’s me) who has lived an “interesting” life. If by interesting you mean she’s not gone for more than 3 straight years her whole life without a major life event occurring (moves – so many moves, loss of loved ones, births, illnesses, illnesses of loved ones, changes of jobs, marriages, divorce, new education and graduations, buying houses and selling houses, redesigning houses, starting overs and endings, etc.). Maybe you’re like that too. If so – welcome my soul-friend! If not, you may still find something here that resonates.
In all of this change, and transformation, and learning about life I’ve, you know, learned a lot about life, and also learned how much more there is to learn. I find that exciting! I just hope I can do it without all of the outside “help” I’ve had in the past. 🙂 I’ve spent a lot of time feeling like I’m being reborn, or getting ready to be reborn, or almost over where I’m at now – you know – on the cusp. As I look back I think that has been accurate, and I’m not sure if I just move through things quickly or if I’m on the “20 Cities in 10 Days” life itinerary.
No matter – what I’m really here for is to make the most of whatever I have, and to love life. And then to offer that back in the best way I know to support and help others. I have no set expectations of how that needs to look. Up to now I’ve been an interior designer, a Reiki master, a professional organizer, a life coach, and lots of other things too. These will continue to be and/or inform my offerings. I think the difference will be in how I share them. I’ve been primarily a life coach for the last 6 years and I adore it, but it’s time for me to let that evolve into new coaching paths and approaches (really very exciting!).
The beauty of right now is that I can feel the urge to be reborn, and I’ve been aware through it all without major outward changes forcing my hand or distracting me. Wow!! It’s quite a thrill, let me tell you. So, I’ve been here and present; but I’ve also had to learn how to sit with it, and wait, and be open, and be patient, and have faith, have faith, have faith. It’s really very lovely (when it isn’t terrifying!). So, I’m riding this evolution in my life, and of course in my business too, because I can’t separate one from the other.
I’ve been waiting until I was SURE and DONE and CLEAR until I told you what I was up to (except in the vaguest of ways), but it turns out that may be a bit yet. And also it may look from the outside like itty-bitty steps. Or like I disappeared. Or went mad. I’m not actually sure yet exactly what will happen – there are some moving pieces I’m waiting on. And I have lots of ideas – so many ideas! Right now I’m riding the wave. Be sure that you will be the first to know about any changes here and I hope you will LOVE them. I’m really excited! Expect yelling from the rooftops…someday. We’ll get there – have faith. And thank you so much for being my client and reading my posts and emails. You are truly the BEST!
Lots of Love,
PS Did I mention I’m really excited?? And also I wanted to let you know there will still be new blog posts, and emails, and free content as things are brewing behind the scenes. And I’m quite easy to find on Instagram most days too! And if you have any questions or want to share anything – just send me a message at email@example.com and I’ll get back to you. <3
Well, it was interesting (and past about Day 22, definitely a challenge, whew!). I’m going to take some time now to assimilate all I’ve learned and consider where I want to go with my blogging now. I’ll be sure to let you know, in case you’re interested. I sincerely appreciate you reading my words and even allowing me into your email boxes! That is a gift!
I’ve had so much fun sharing myself, my favorite ideas, old posts, planning tools, oracle card spreads, life design practices, even an old family recipe – and more – with you. I hope it hasn’t been annoying or boring for you – and if it was I certainly hope you just stayed away and enjoyed the things you enjoy! But if anything was of any help to you – that is the point for me and I’m very grateful to all of you who read my posts and let me know what you thought, or if you found one of help to you. Thank you!
Here are the last 9 posts in my 30 Days of Blogging Love Challenge:
Two Steps to a De-LIGHT-ful Week is about creating a better week for yourself when Monday seems like a very bad idea!
Prompts for Insightful Journaling is a re-post including a few of my favorite journaling prompts that I had actually forgotten about until I dug up this post again! I hope you find them full of insights too.
Grandma Crawford’s Oatmeal Bars with Browned Butter Frosting – a beloved old family recipe to share with you.
A Quick Paper Clearing Session – how to clear a file drawer quickly and without undue misery!
Goddess Friday with Playful Bast – this post is about choosing a Goddess to enlighten a fresh new month, as well as an oracle card spread to use for more information.
Beautiful Words from Beautiful Mary Oliver includes collages I made with excerpts from a few of her poems to celebrate her life.
What to do About Those Songs in Your Head is also a repost – and it’s all about a favorite insight tool of mine to use the songs that get stuck in your head to learn about what your Inner Self wants you to know.
Sacred Circle of Advisers (an oracle spread) this spread is super versatile and simple and offers you information for this moment, and guidance for going forward as well.
This is officially the last post – number 30. I’ll certainly be writing again, but probably not as often! Wishing you the very best and thanking you again!
Blessings and Spring (or Autumn) wishes to you!! And a Happy New Moon!
PS The comments aren’t currently turned on here at the TIG Blog, but you can always contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org , or you can direct message me on Instagram. I would love to hear from you!!!
Today, I have another oracle spread I’d like to share with you.
This one I didn’t make up myself, I read about it in the book that accompanies The Goddess Oracle by Amy Sophia Marashinsky. (You’d think that was the only deck I have as much as I’ve talked about it and used it lately – but that would be untrue! So many decks and so many books – it’s a bit of a habit!!) I love this spread because it’s so versatile, and helpful in several ways too. And it’s simple – I DO like simple things! (Note: Amy may call this something else in her book – I am just sharing how I use it and what I call it.)
The Sacred Circle of Advisers spread is for accessing inner guides and finding assistance. You can use it for any life area, situation, relationship, topic, etc. that’s up for you right now. And you can call on from 1-12 helpers as desired. You can also use any oracle or tarot deck you have around. You may see your helpers as guides – someone like a goddess, an archangel, an ascended master, or an animal guide, etc,.and there are plenty of decks of this type to use for this approach. But I’ve had as much help from a tarot deck – I consider the cards as helping energies then. It’s all up to you and what you want and feel good about. Your choice may vary by the topic you are asking about, as well.
For example, I have an Advisory Circle for my business – the circle changes as my concerns and needs change (though I do find certain cards show up over and over – I love that!). I tend to use either The Goddess Oracle, Goddess Guidance Oracle cards (by Doreen Virtue), or The Keepers of the Light deck (by Kyle Gray) for this spread. For other questions or life areas my favorite guides are often animals and I have several amazing decks for that (Animal Allies by Jessica Swift, The Spirit Animal Oracle by Colette Baron-Reid, and Messages From Your Animal Spirit Guides by Steven Farmer). But again – use what you have – they’re all helpful! SO, let’s get to that spread, shall we?
Sacred Circle of Advisers Oracle Spread:
- Consider your question or area of concern. I like to write mine down.
- Choose a deck to use. Get comfortable, you can sit anywhere you like that feels good and you have a bit of a surface to shuffle and set cards down. If you like to write out your insights include paper and pen. For this spread the book suggests sitting on the floor and placing your adviser cards in a circle around you. That really is a nice touch! But not necessary. I think comfort is important too
- Now shuffle and choose your cards in whatever manner you prefer. You can just draw cards until you feel you have the right number of advisers – or you feel “done”; or you can determine the number of cards you want to choose before you draw cards. For a quick answer I often choose one adviser – that can become a very nice and close relationship then with that guide. For other concerns you want more input – for my business Circle I draw 6-7 cards. I want a broader base for that.
- Look at your helpers! Who has come to give you a hand? The cards/guides offer information for you right now about your question. What do they have to tell you? But they also can offer help over time just by considering their messages. For example, Eagle has shown up for me many times! She has certain messages for me at certain times. She may be telling me to take a larger view one day, and asking me to be open to opportunities on another day. You can continue to ask your guide what messages and help they have for you and call on them for clarity and insights.
Above is my Circle for a big change I’m looking at making in my life. Lots of really fabulous helpers for me here and their advice is already guiding me to a better solution – and helping me feel a lot more clear. I hope you discover a Sacred Circle to help you too! Let me know how it goes at email@example.com ,or if you have any questions, drop me a line! It is always wonderful to hear from you!!
Note: I often share links to books or oracle cards, etc. – I am not an affiliate for anyone – these are just provided for your information.
I’ve always had songs in my head – you know those songs that get stuck, for whatever reason, and can drive you almost mad? Yeah, you too? Well, I used to think they were just an annoyance, and then as I learned more about how my subconscious (sub in here higher self, inner guide, God, etc.) communicated with me I began to think there might be information there for me. The question many times though was: “What information?” Because sometimes these songs aren’t obviously of help. Two days ago the song in my head was “Everyone Else is an Asshole” by Reel Big Fish, it took a bit of discovery to figure that message out I can tell you! The thing is I’ve had some really rich discoveries by following the thread begun by the music in my head, it’s been such a help – and lots of fun.
The aforementioned song was pretty useful really. I’ve always enjoyed its funny, tongue-in-cheek approach to suggesting that if you think everyone around you is an asshole perhaps you should look at yourself first. So, of course, I looked at that. For the most part I don’t think people are assholes, I usually like them and try not to judge, but the truth is I can definitely still use more work on this. And sometimes I can be an asshole myself. It helps me to be aware of that. But the larger message seemed to me to be twofold: First, humor is a fabulous way to get out of that grumpy, judgmental place – if you can see the humor in a situation you’ve stepped outside and have a bigger, clearer view. And it’s fun! The second message is that what you see outside is also what’s inside – and that refers not only to people who appear to be assholes but those who are beautiful, who are successful, kind, rich, etc. What you’re seeing outside is what is inside you too. And you can be sure there are people who are seeing their beauty, their kindness, and even, perhaps, their own assholiness reflected in you. It’s a great lesson to remember because it helps you find the truth of a situation.
“As above, so below, as within, so without, as the universe, so the soul…” Hermes Trismegistus
If you’re interested in getting more from that annoying song in your head here are a few ways I use to tease out the meaning.
See how they work for you.
- First I focus on the specific lyrics and tune that repeat in my head to see if there is an obvious message for me there. Consider how you feel when you hear it. Does it bring back a memory? Does it make you want to move your body? Is the tempo slow, zippy, danceable? What energy does it have? Does it remind you of something or someone? If so, how? I usually write in my journal about this – partly because I can access my intuition easier that way and partly because then I can remember it an hour later – (really, steel trap!) This may be all you do and it’s very helpful on its own.
- Next, if I’m still not sure, or want to know more, I like to look up the lyrics. This can be tricky if you can’t recall enough to find the song and songwriter/performer, but there are such amazing search engines for this now. Google it and you’ll probably be lucky. Reading the lyrics can often help you figure out more about the meaning for you. Today the song in my head was “We Built This City” by Starship and the meaning wasn’t completely clear for me until I read the full lyrics and got a better sense of the message of the song. Then I considered how that related to me and my life and there it was – some great information for me! I realized I can benefit from remembering what I build my own “city” on (what my foundation is). It’s really key for me to be true to that right now.
- Next, I might look for the video – this is one of my favorite parts, especially if there’s a good video of the song – my faves are old MTV videos and live performances. You really experience the energy of the song from the performance of it and that can be an eye-opener. Sometimes I think my subconscious just wants me to lighten up and sends me a song with a great, funny, or nostalgic video to help me gain perspective on life.
- With each type of exploration take a moment to check-in to how you feel, what the message might be – it can be very simple. I’ve had messages to slow down, to laugh, to pay attention to my money, etc. The message will be helpful and kind – even when suggesting that you just may need to look at how you judge other people.
- If you want to carry this further you can write the message down where you can see it, memorize it, say it out loud to yourself, or just listen to the song a few times today. Allow it to inform you as the day goes on.
Our wisest Self communicates with us on a regular basis – sometime She uses music and lyrics! I hope you find insights and delight from the music that plays in your head.
Lots of Love,
Note: This is a re-post from 2016 – I hope you enjoy it – this still one of my favorite insight tools of all time! 🙂
This year we lost an amazing voice in this world. I’m just so grateful we got to read (and can still read) her beautiful and true poetry. What a gift she has left for us. Here are a few quotes from the fabulous Mary Oliver.
(I’m sharing the quotes in gluebook style – I was lucky to be a part of an Instagram gluebook gathering the day she died and together we made pages about her words and shared our love for her. And you can join a gluebook party tonight on Instagram at 8pm Eastern – just search for @the.butterfly.artist, follow her, and then go to #margluebookparty19 – Fun!)
With love to you!
Hello! It’s Goddess Friday again and a new month!
This week I want to share a beginning of the month ritual with you…
I like to choose a guide at the beginning of a new month to help me throughout that month with intuitive nudges and a connection to their energy and aspects. Often that guide is a Goddess! Sometimes I just know who the guide will be – they sort of show up for me. Other times I’ll use an oracle deck to choose a guide. This month the Egyptian Goddess Bast wants to help me remember how to lighten up and enjoy life, but also to be fierce when needed.
Bast is a cat-headed Goddess. In her temple in Lower Egypt were the sacred cats who were considered to be incarnations of the Goddess. They were even embalmed when they died (over 300,000 mummified cats were found in the area of her temple at Bubastis). Bast is known for her playfulness, grace, and affection. She’s the Goddess of pleasure as well – from the enjoyment of music and art, to the pleasures of dance and sex. Especially pleasures of a sensual nature are in her area of influence – enjoying the warm sun on your body, the joy of spending time in nature, good food, and a delicious stretch are all ways to connect with the energy of Bast. She’s also a predator – as all cats are. A hunter and warrior, she rules the moon and is a protective mother. Her statues were kept in homes to protect against thieves.
I invited Bast to help me this month by just asking her nicely. Each day I’ll check in with her, and later I’ll create a collage about what she means for me this month. I also drew some tarot cards asking for her help in answering my questions. Here is the simple spread I used:
- What do I need to know this month?
- Tell me more…
- What is possible for me this month?
You can see my cards below, I used the Housewives’ Tarot deck by Paul Kepple and Jude Buffum. The cards tell me that most of my work is done, but a re-evaluation is in order. That will guide me to the fine-tuning I need to do to truly be free. This process may include some grief and loss though. A retreat for rest and recovery is definitely possible, and likely needed, this month. And with Bast along for the ride some pleasure, as well, will be an important part of replenishing myself.
Ironically, I already have a break planned! Now I’ll be sure that it includes plenty of rest, solitude, and play! A good ritual offers so much insight and clarity. My mind can be a jittery place and these types of practices help to ground, comfort, and inspire me.
Happy March to you! Do you choose a guide or have a special New Month ritual? I’d love to hear about it! Write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or set up a free call here. You can also find me on Instagram. And I don’t want to forget to tell you about my offering the Goddess Inspiration Session! I draw an oracle card for you and together we tease out the meanings and messages there for you. (Learn more about this offering right here.)
Sending a Big Hug to you and hoping your Friday is delight-filled!