I love to journal…
To write, and just let the pen and the page accept my thoughts and feelings – it’s a beautiful thing! But there are times when a bit of a nudge will allow me to access insights I don’t get to when I’m free writing. For this I like to use prompts or mini-scripts to help. I’ve answered each of the below prompts in numerous ways, just allowing my intuition to speak out. The results are pretty amazing! Things I didn’t consciously know I wanted to address, or things I really wanted to do but had been ignoring will show up. Or I might discover how I truly, deeply, honestly feel about something, but have been suppressing. Helpful insights that bring new ideas and plenty of “ah-hah’s!”
Here are a few prompts I made up (and especially like) that you might like to try too. Set aside a bit of time, grab a pen, your journal or a sheet of paper, and just write what comes up. Naturally, all answers are correct! Write as much as you want – involve your senses and imagination. Choose just one prompt or several. One word answers are just fine, but won’t give you as much insight as longer ones. I also like to set the scene with a delicious beverage, a cozy chair, and a quiet space.
- I thrill to the sound (scent, touch, sight, taste) of ___________.
- While I was sleeping last night I learned________________.
- Home is where I______________.
- ________________ feels so fresh and delicious to me right now!
- My perfect health is supported by_________________.
- Today I really love__________________and I feel it (how, where, why)_________________________.
- My perfect path for… _________ (you can be specific here if you want) appeared today! It looks like___________. It feels like___________. It tastes like_________. It sounds like_________. It smells like___________.
- I realize it’s time to ____________, because now I know______________, and I can express this desire in my life by ______________.
- I recall that time _________________ (something you want to have happen, written as if it has happened). I was just so scared, but I tried anyway because I ________________. And it was perfect, a dream come true for me because _________________ (why what happened is/was so amazing for you, and how). And now I’m so grateful, and also proud of myself!
My answers might appear completely random at first! But with a little stepping back I can see what it means to me. Some responses may even seem metaphorical instead of an obvious and logical answer. But your intuition can frequently show up in signs and symbols, so that make sense really. Play around a bit with the answers if this occurs and see what is there for you to learn. Other times the insights are as clear as a bell – and just as attention getting! When you’re done you’ll likely have new information about yourself, your wishes, and dreams, and needs; or perhaps you’ll find reinforcement for taking those steps towards something you’ve really been wanting to try.
I often follow this practice up with some type of action. When I answered “My perfect health is supported by rest” I knew that I have been pushing too hard and it’s time to, you know, rest! No matter how many amazing ideas I have for things to create, or ways to help, or cleaning and painting projects I want to tackle right now – my best health is supported by rest at this time. I sincerely hope you find these prompts are of help to you too, and that you discover the insights that are waiting for you.
Love to you!
PS The comments aren’t currently turned on here at the TIG Blog, but you can always contact me at email@example.com , or you can direct message me on Instagram. I would love to hear from you!!!